Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Rain, Bay and Dundas,Toronto

24x24 oil on board
November in southern Ontario could be described as "dirty". Most of the leaves are gone, few plants are growing, and browns and grays dominate the view. The entire month seems to be cloudy.  I started this painting during the rain we had a few days ago.and continued until the rain we are having today. I knew it was a busy scene and a real challenge, but I wanted to take it on. This corner of Bay and Dundas is cluttered with unique looking buildings, street car lines running every which way, and I particularly like the sign on the side of the Canadian Tire store that states " carry only a smile, free delivery".
click on picture to see enlarged view

9 comments:

SKIZO said...

Thank you for sharing
This Wonderful work with us
Good creations

myra anderson said...

you can see that this WAS a big challenge but you executed it BEAUTIFULLY! very technical and beautiful at the same time!

myra anderson said...

also, i have a small surprise coming for you soon!

Unknown said...

You make "dirty" so appealing. Love that it is a larger piece. I sure it is as wonderful in person.

Edward Burton said...

An absolutely wonderful painting, Catherine. I love the reflections in the shadow and that diagonal is a great design element.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Would love to see this is person - sure the size combined with the mood you captured is amazing!

JanettMarie said...

Very nice painting. It gives me the feeling of wet, but I love the rain. The smile helps!

Dana Cooper said...

One of your best Catherine...it really makes me smile!

Unknown said...

Wow...you need to submit this into International Artist or other competitions.