Monday, July 13, 2009

Waiting to Cross Younge, Toronto


10" x 8"
Oil on Canvas Board
Often I look at an image and wonder if it will" work". Even though I think it has too many negatives, I do it anyway. I liked the paper covered windows, and the starkness of the scene, even though I knew it would be difficult to portray.
I'm always amazed to see buildings for lease right down town Toronto on Yonge Street.
These young ladies enjoy a drink while waiting for the light to change at Yonge and Gould Streets.

4 comments:

Tammy Hext said...

I love your brushwork in this one and your palette. Another nice one. I think you just might be the queen of reflection.

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Thanks Tammy...what a nice thing to say!

Edward Burton said...

Great painting, Catherine. I really like the composition and the reflections are wonderful.

Barbara Muir said...

Super work Catherine. Exciting to see work from my own part of the world.

Take care,

Barbara