Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Evening Light, Queen and St. Patrick

24x30 oil on board
This snow scene is a little out of place for this time of year, but I have decided to work on all of the paintings I planned to do. I am extra motivated because I signed on to do the One Of A Kind Show in November in Toronto. It is a very popular venue, with lots of people attending.
This scene is from the corner of Queen Street and St. Patrick. The evening light shone through the buildings, illuminating the March snow fall.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Brr, makes me feel chilly just looking at it. As usual, your use of light and your composition are impeccable.

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Amazing sunlight effect.

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting. You have captured the lovely end of day light.

XO Barbara

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

i really like this one Catherine-warm and inviting-beautiful divisions ie the bus and buildings but especially like the varied edges-hope you don't mind the comparison but has a mysterious Edward Hopper feel

r garriott said...

Stunning. As good as you are, you keep getting better! That red stripe on the bus... and the brilliant light dots of the headlights, wow.

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Fabulous, Catherine!

Love, love, love that light.

I don't get on the blogs as much as I used to. Now I have to go back through all your previous posts to see what I have been missing. Your work just gets better and better!

Good luck on the show, I am sure you will WOW them!