Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Dundas Cottage and Lilacs

6x8 oil on canvas panel
I always feel a little lost when I am in between paintings and not sure what I want to do for the next one. Also, the last few days have been too beautiful to describe. The sun is out, the lilacs are blooming,  irises are starting to show their colors and there are blossoms everywhere. It doesn't get much nicer than that, except maybe a gentle rain and beautiful reflections everywhere :)
 I decided to do a few smaller paintings while I get motivated for the next larger one. This little cottage with the lilac bush in full bloom is just around the corner in Dundas.
$50.00 Click here to go to ebay auction

9 comments:

Sarah said...

This is lovely, and so different from your usual themes. You are right, sometimes we really have to do something completely different to refresh ourselves and get ready for the next challenge. Dundas is a lovely area, maybe a whole new series?

myra anderson said...

I feel the sunshine! what a beautiful day!

Jan Yates, SCA said...

What a punchy painting! the house puts me in mind of the croft houses in Scotland and Ireland--really like the full juicy strokes of colour and light!

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful cottage, Catherine - I love the light.

Marie Theron said...

Sweet, Catherine! Read my answer to your answer at the rain umbrellas post.

I do many small paintings fast, have a little frame put on and they are good sellers everywhere. No need to hang them, I collect all my plate stands to support them on tables, window sills, etc!

Anonymous said...

Wow. Sun's out! Nice play of colors in this little piece. You've been busy since the last time I was here. Some really great work. Funny, isn't it... those periods of indecision and uncertainty between paintings.

myra anderson said...

It's hammer time at the movies. Come on over - your paintings look magnificent!

Mary Anne Cary said...

This looks so cozy, I want to be there. I love spring!! I would like to sit under that tree and take in the day Nice job! Bryce is in Utah.

Unknown said...

Love the juicy chunks of paint of this little gem. Again I am in awe and envy of your rainy street scenes. I especially love the misty, mysterious mood of Yonge Street.