Monday, August 31, 2009

"Lovin the Rain"


6" x 6"
Oil on board
I really enjoyed the way this young woman sauntered down the street, without a care, as if it wasn't pouring rain. Everyone else was hunkered down or under their umbrellas, escaping from nature's wrath. People ask me if it always rains in Toronto. And no it doesn't, but I love the rain and the reflections it creates. My husband pretty much hates the rain, so he is very good to begrudgingly come along for walks with me, and be the umbrella holder.
This crosswalk scene is from Yonge Street in Toronto.
Also, I've decided to start a new blog for my "Drinks With the Masters". I have too many ideas in my head that I must do!

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

This is wonderful! Also, I will be looking forward to your new blog!!
Did you see anything helpful on zazzle.com?

Barbara Muir said...

This is so superb.

Great painting, super feeling.

Take care,

Barbara