Saturday, April 2, 2011

Umbrellas on Yonge Street

8x8 oil on stretched canvas
I got a little impatient and decided it was time to do a rainy scene. It actually felt like spring today! Canadians are a versatile bunch. One day of warm weather, and all of a sudden  bicycles, motorcycles, and warm weather gear are seen everywhere.
These young ladies and their jumble of umbrellas head down Yonge Street in Toronto on a rainy day. Shopping must go on, whatever the weather.
$125.00 plus $10.00 shipping
If you would like to bid on this painting you can go to the ebay auction page HERE
Thanks for looking

7 comments:

Janelle Goodwin said...

Oh, I like the see through umbrella and the bright red bag. Yes, shopping must go on. Beautiful, Catherine!

Marie Theron said...

Wonderful scene! How absolutely rhythmical is the repetition of umbrellas here! One can add some music to views this painting by!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

Oh, I love this scene. Umbrellas are a favorite which makes this a favorite too.

Hope it stays warm there for you.

Mary Anne Cary said...

Really great composition in this one, love the rhythm of the umbrellas!!

Ruth Andre said...

My daughter said shopping is Retail Therapy. I agree. Lovely painting. I am always amazed with your beautiful rainy weather paintings.

Kerri Settle said...

I love this scene! That one umbrella on the right is such an eye catcher with all the subtle colors it catches.

Janet Bludau Fine Art said...

Wonderful also. I love umbrellas. Unfortunately in So Calif. we don't see enough of them! This is a wonderful piece and I am going to have to visit you more often - where have I been!