Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A Warm Spot


8" x 10"
Oil on Canvas
Our house is a stone cottage built around 1850. It is in a constant state of renovation. We are in the process of putting a studio space in the attic( yay!) so that I can move out of the 8' x 8' room I am in now. My husband does most of the work, but I help out when I can and therefore, my painting production will be down a bit. It has gotten quite chilly here, almost going to freezing some nights but staying around 50 or 60 degrees during the day. We don't turn the furnace on until Nov. so the house is pretty cool at times.
Our dog Bailey has found a warm spot in the sun.

10 comments:

myra anderson said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Please take pictures of the studio in progress!!

Unknown said...

Aaah... I want to crawl next to him and take a nap! How awesome of you to get a space in the attic. Heat rises so it should be nice and cozy there.

Tammy Hext said...

I want to see pictures of the studio in progress too. Gorgeous painting and dog - my son is in the process of wearing me down in regards to a puppy. He already has a name picked out - Chewy - and any dog will do. He especially likes the big dogs though.

Gwen Bell said...

I love this composition and the way the shadows from the window bisect his body. Very cool and very well painted!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

This painting just jumped off the screen when it appeared on my reading list. Love those yummy darks and nice warm lights to contrast.

An 1850 house! That has always been my dream. Enjoy the new studio!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Awwww. It reminds me of our Lucy dog. She passed away in August and we miss her so much. Give your doggie a big hug for me.

Sarah said...

I can almost feel the sun on his warm fur.

magicmyst said...

This is lovely. Bailey looks very comfortable curled up. He makes a lovely crescent shape in your painting. YOu have captured the light so well. Kay

morecoffee said...

Lovely. You can practically smell his warm fur (in the good way, I mean).

Anonymous said...

The light in this is really beautiful, and a dog on the rug helps make a home.
You are brave to postpone the furnace to November. You'll need that dog in bed with you!