Saturday, February 7, 2009

Landed Banking and Loan, James Street Hamilton


11" X 14"
Oil on Canvas
The Building on the left of this painting is a wonderful building with huge "Corinthian" Pillars across the front. Hamilton is a city blessed with great architecture, often unappreciated. When looking for a future plan, the powers that be can't see what is right in front of them. There is a reason why people flock to Europe, and Old Montreal, and Quebec City...and its not for the shyscrapers. Old buildings provide interesting street scapes where people want to be. I didn't want to get preachy, but its hard to see so much history and beauty be replaced by parking lots and faceless facades.

2 comments:

Mary Anne Cary said...

Hi Catherine, I just came across your blog, and I really like your work. City streets are a hard subject matter to me, you do a wonderful job! I also love Mike Svob, would love to take a class with him.

Laurel Daniel said...

Great to meet you and wonderful work! I love this cityscape! Beautifully painted!