Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Toronto Streetcar 2

12x12 oil on gallery wrap canvas Sold
I've been spending a lot of time getting paintings ready to take to the TOAE in early July. Varnishing, signing (I have a very bad habit of not signing them until I think they are done, and then I forget). I am also painting the sides of the gallery wrap canvas...a lot of work.
There are  a few more pictures that I want to paint to take. I did a smaller version of this one, and would like to do a large (24x24) but decided to try the 12x12 first.
I used a version of the Zorn palette here, but added some viridian for a few highlights. I may do another 12x12 with a more extensive palette to decide which one to use for the 24x24.

9 comments:

Jan Yates, SCA, Canada said...

really like this strong composition-nice range of greys as well-that bus has so much presence!

Studio at the Farm said...

Catherine, this is a great painting! I hope you do well at the gallery.

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

I LOVE the composition of this - what a fabulous painting!

SUSAN RODEN said...

One of your finest! Feel the drizzle. . .

Karen Bruson said...

Nice use of the Zorn palette. Very strong.

Marie Theron said...

All the best with your show, Catherine!

carol morgan carmichael said...

Love the reds against all the neutrals. Amazing painting! Best of luck with your upcoming show.

Edward Burton said...

Love that one point perspective. Great job, Catherine.

Mikko Tyllinen said...

Very beautiful! so magical mood!