Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Heading Home, Union Station, Toronto

24x24 oil on canvas Sold
This is another scene that I was hoping to get finished for the upcoming show. I don't think working under pressure helps creativity. All it does is create stress, but nonetheless, I am still enjoying the intense painting time. I hope to get back to some regular posting after the show.
I did this scene in a 12x12 a while back and wanted to do it on a larger scale. I hoped to keep the main structure of the scene and not work on too many details. When going up in size, its easy to start focusing on details rather than the shapes.
"Suits" head for the Go Train after a day at the office.

9 comments:

Lee said...

This is wonderful! I love the colors and reflections. If I may be so bold, how do you get that wonderful wet look to the pavement?

myra anderson said...

stunning!

Unknown said...

Great piece, Catherine. You can feel the "heaviness" of the rain and the end of the work day. Well done. Good luck with the show.

Marie Theron said...

Once again as only you can do it. The more I study your work the more I admire the total "wetness" of everything! Brilliant!

Art Collector's Corner said...

So nice!
And congratulations, you are now on "Artists to Watch" list on our blog!

Claire Beadon Carnell said...

It's incredible how you not only get the feeling that the surfaces in the painting are wet, but also you capture the moisture in the atmosphere. Beautiful, Catherine.

mary maxam said...

This is so dynamic and in your larger format it would really have the 'wow' factor!

Karen Bruson said...

Beautiful. Also really love the bold brush one. Congrats. Good luck at your show.

c.dingman said...

Great perspective and depth.