Sunday, January 11, 2015

Early Morning Traffic, University Avenue

20 x 24 oil on canvas
I usually like to paint images that reflect the present mood of the day..a typical January cold snowy atmosphere. For my upcoming show at the Artist Project I want to include some sunny city scenes in the Financial District of Toronto and so I will be exploring a new colour palette and doing some studies, trying to create the early morning or late afternoon atmosphere in a busy city.
For my first attempt, I chose a difficult subject with the darkness dominating the foreground. And the other usual complex issues of what details to add and what to leave out. I will have to live with it for awhile and see if I like the result.
 

1 comment:

Mary Anne Cary said...

Love it, looks like a great day to be downtown!