Sunday, October 14, 2012

After the Snow, Yonge and Dundas

24 x 24 oil on cradled board
After a snow storm, we often get a crisp clear light. Although it may look warm, it is a very cold day and pedestrians rush to their destinations, hunkered down inside winter clothing. The early evening light peaks through buildings, creating random reflections.
This scene was taken last year at the corner of Yonge Street and Dundas after one of our major snow storms. Snow banks dominate the sides of roads and sidewalks.

2 comments:

Karen Werner said...

I can feel the cold. I love the violet/yellow color scheme, and the way you gradated the sky. Those lines of circles, I guess lights? are an interesting design element.

Barbara Muir said...

I'm not a fan of winter except in paintings like this. Beautiful light and mood. I mention you on my blog today. Coming soon. It's a long one and I'm still working on it.

XO Barbara