Sunday, January 23, 2011

Late Afternoon Traffic, James Street Hamilton

16x20 oil on canvas
We have had some extremely cold weather lately, -9 F...really cold for southern Ontario. (I know you folks in Alberta and Manitoba get this all the time) I froze my hands when I took this photo, thank goodness there are several Tim Hortons around to duck into for a coffee.
This scene shows traffic heading south on James Street, ready to go under the T H and B railway tracks and then head up the mountain. These cold crisp days bring lots of sunshine.

6 comments:

Pam Holnback said...

Great aerial perspective.

SUSAN RODEN said...

Just love your street scenes Catherine - but way too cold for me. Can feel the temperature!

Carol Schiff Daily Painting said...

What? You didn't do plein air?? Just kidding! You need to come down here (Florida) where,if it gets below 65,we all run around in scarves and mittens.

It's a great painting Catherine.
Stay warm.

Ramesh Jhawar said...

A lovely composition with strong values! I like it very much :)

Art with Liz said...

A really great painting!

mary maxam said...

the sense of going toward the light is very lovely here... special