Wednesday, July 29, 2009

These Boots are Made for Walkin 2


8" x 10"
Oil on Foam Board
This is version no. 2 of this picture (see posting July 16 ) with the magenta ground. I can't believe our (me only?) urge to copy. I had to actually move the painting No.1 to another room so that I wouldn't refer to it. I have to admit to actually going there once. Its really pathetic. ha. I went with much stronger color than normal. My comfort zone is using cadmium red, diox violet, earth brown, cobalt blue, cadmium yellow deep, black, white. As I mentioned before, painting on this foam board allows me to loosen up. I'm not sure why. My husband says that I will need to be hypnotized to believe that canvas is foam board, and then I won't have the urge to tighten up.

2 comments:

myra anderson said...

This too is a wonderful painting. I love everything esp. the way the cars are lined and the reflections of the light on the ground.

Edward Burton said...

Wonderful painting, Catherine - the purple gives it a really nice mood.