Monday, January 7, 2013

Chinatown Snow

12 x 12 oil on board
It was a wonderfully snowy day in Toronto when I decided to take  pictures. It was also cold and windy. After snow plows and salters had been around a few times, it was all a soupy mess of melted snow, salt, and dirt. No matter, I found some great scenes. Even on a day like this, the city is a hub of activity with people braving the weather to food shop or find some boxing day specials.
I loved how Chinatown still had umbrellas up and all kinds of food to buy. A cold but visual feast.
This scene is on Spadina near Dundas.

3 comments:

Karen Werner said...

I love it! Espeially the few warm lights and cold light on the bicycles. Your compositions are always so strong.

Ramesh Jhawar said...

Oh I can feel the chilly icy wind!
Very well painted Catherine!

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting.

XO Barbara