Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My New Studio Space!!!


Finally it is finished! I have to thank my husband who did an amazing job with a very difficult space. As I mentioned before, we are in the process of restoring this small 1850 stone cottage. Space is limited and I have been working in an 8x8 room. The attic had never been finished. It is about 6" 3" at its high point. We decided to leave the beams exposed, and Dave used foam insulation and pine wainscoting to cover. We are debating whether or not to leave the stone walls. Aesthetically I love them, but I'll decide when it is 25 below zero. He did an absolutely beautiful job, working in tiny backbreaking spaces. There are three skylights. This is the first time in my life that I have had a space dedicated to painting, so I am thrilled. I have spent the last few days moving and getting organized and now I am ready pick up the brushes and get at it! The round pillow in the foreground is our dog Bailey's bed, who must go where I go.
Thank you Dave!!!!

10 comments:

magicmyst said...

This is beautiful, very jealous. Kay

Mary Anne Cary said...

This is awesome Catherine. I'm jealous! My husband and I have been discussing a studio, one thought was our attic. (Too cold!) I move from place to place, now in a bedroom not used!!!! And I'm messy!! So congrats, love the sounds of your stone cottage, and of course the dogs have to have their space. I was wondering why my yellow lab was blue, she slept on the bed where I left a pastel last nite, working too late, and no studio shelfs!!!!!

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Very funny, Mary Anne! Bailey would often wag his tail into the oil paints on my palette. He has often had a multi colored tail which of course would get tracked everywhere.

Last Cup Of Coffee said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This looks great! Can I have that lamp in the back? It's sooooo cute!

Janelle Goodwin said...

Wow, lucky, lucky you! Your space is awe-inspiring. I bet it looks great with all your skylights too. Thanks for showing your new studio to us, Catherine!

Diana Marshall said...

wow this looks great and flooded with light too, how wonderful, I bet you can't wait to paint in your new studio. Lovely hubby too.

Molly said...

SOOOOO AWESOME
I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S ALL DONE! Way to go Dave- it's gorgeous, I wish I could see it in real life. I'm also glad to see that Bailey has retained his comfy bed privileges in the studio. I bet he will have lots of good naps there while you paint up a storm.
So happy for you S!

Tammy Hext said...

What a gorgeous space to work in. I hope it is not too cold to keep the stone walls, they are beautiful. I am jealous too! LOL
Tammy

Laurel Daniel said...

This is a wonderful space!!! It looks so cozy and perfect for getting the creative juices to flow... congrats to your sweet husband and to you!!

Celeste Bergin said...

I'm jealous...that is a great looking space!